Monday, January 14, 2013

A YEAR AGO: HABITS & CONTRADICTIONS

A year ago Schoolboy Q dropped one of the best mixtapes in a while, Habits & Contradictions to largely good reviews. To be honest, I just knew of Q like late last year and after hearing, "There He Goes", I was like who is this kid?! Already knowing Kendrick and Black Hippy (which both Kendrick and Q are part of and knowing of Jay Rock since one of those XXL Freshmen covers), I decided to check out the solo works of the individual members not named Kendrick. So I got Ab-Soul's Control System and just this month Q's Habit & Contradictions. I gotta say I love his work. So if you haven't heard it (even after a year), download it or whatever! The opening track, "Sacrilegious" is a killer and features an uncredited Kendrick (at least I think that's Kendrick) singing somewhere in the background!

No comments: