Monday, December 28, 2015

MY BEST SONGS OF 2015

1. Shut Up And Dance - Walk The Moon
A lot of people probably don’t know of this song on this side of the ocean, but it’s an infectious diseases; the type that you catch onto later than sooner, just like its rise to the charts (and yeah, this song technically came out late last year, but fuck it, it makes the list).

2. Hello - Adele
I can count the number of times I’ve heard this song, that’s a 1000 times a day since it came out! Despite catching some hit for his statements, I would like to make a case on behalf of Sean Tizzle and say that Omawumi’s cover of Adele’s Hello is THE BEST COVER I've heard, I however will not risk my life (largely because I DO NOT AGREE) by calling Adele’s version weak, I. AM. NOT. HIGH!!!

3. Uptown Funk ft. Bruno Mars- Mark Ronson
Almost the song of the year, even before 2015 began. Almost!

4. See You Again ft. Charlie Puth- Wiz Khalifa

5. Bitches N Marijuana ft. Schoolboy Q- Tyga & Chris Brown
My brother hates this song just off the title… I fucking love it, title and all!

6. My Woman, My Everything ft. Wande Coal - Patoranking
I’ve never liked nor disliked Patoranking, he was just there for me. He had a few songs that I could stand and he definitely wasn’t an imitation of the usual Naija top 10, which made him more than bearable. With My Woman, Patoranking has solidified his place as a true hitmaker! Albarka was a classic that almost seemed as a one-off, his guest feature on Seyi Shay’s Murder was welcomed and while his dancehall tinged music helps him stand out- Your Wedding Day showed his versatility -My Woman is just the icing on a cake of hits!

7. Be Real ft. Dej Loaf - Kid Ink

8. Effejoku ft. Victor - Lil’ Kesh

9. Finna Get Loose ft. Pharrell – Diddy
Diddy charts his return to the charts with this dance mix featuring Pharrell and it’s funky!

10. Truffle Butter ft. Drake & Lil’ Wayne- Nicki Minaj

11. Working ft. Travis Scott & Big Sean - Puff Daddy & The Family
This song is an anthem. I listen to this practically every morning as a motivator even if I’m not working… which is pretty much the rest of the day!

12. Izzue ft. Davido - Dammy Krane

13. Nobody - Kranium

14. Telegram ft. Lance Skywalker - Jay Rock

15. Nelly - Isaiah Rashad

16. The Ways ft. Sir - Jay Rock

17. You Work For Me - Laura Mvula
Excellent soundtrack to this year’s Man From U.N.C.L.E. If the producers of Spectre had heard this first they would’ve asked for it for James Bond or just picked that Radiohead song that is equally a killer. No slight on poor old Sam Smith!

18. Music To My Soul - CeeLo Green
Having the wrong definition of rape can ruin a career, ask Cee Lo Green whose almost got derailed after popping a pill in a lady’s drink. Nonetheless after corporate America decided not to fuck with him no more, it seemed pretty much over for the former Goodie Mob member, but he’s back and there’s no denying he still has that touch. Let’s just hope there are no more pills in drinks.

19. Maze - Distrikt Matters
Arguably the best song on the debut EP from one of Abuja’s finest.



20. Spectre - Radiohead 
As a late addition I have to put the song that could've been this year's Bond theme song. I've never really been into Radiohead aside from hearing for a long time how good and influential there were/are (people mention their album Kid A, never heard it), but this song is crazy!

No comments: